Frequently Asked Questions
What are your shipping and return policies?
All orders will be shipped via USPS or UPS Ground. Orders over $49 qualify for free shipping in the United States. Orders will be delivered between 2-5 business days after the order is placed. Delivery time is not guaranteed for orders that qualify for free shipping. For orders that qualify for free standard shipping, please allow 5-7 business days for delivery. Please allow 24 hours to process orders and take this into consideration when selecting a shipping method. We offer UPS Three Day Select, UPS 2nd Day Air and UPS Next Day Air for orders that need expedited shipping. If your order is time sensitive, please place a note in the comments section and we will do our best to get your order out as soon as possible.
All orders include a hand written note and personalized name on the bag. Need some motivation? Leave a note in the comments section and we will send good vibes and extra love!
Refund & Return Policy
We strive for 100% happiness with all Tailwind Nutrition purchases. We believe in our products and if you’re unhappy with one of our products, it’s important to us to understand why. Our goal is to work with you to find a solution to help you achieve your goals! If you are not completely happy with a purchase from our website, email us at email@example.com and include your order number along with any additional details. For damaged product, please provide high quality photos that clearly show the damage. Unfortunately, we are unable to process refunds or returns for Amazon or in-store purchases and we do not accept returns or exchanges for water bottles, soft flasks or speed cups.
If your purchase was more than 30 days ago and/or your product is expired, we are unable to process a refund. If your purchase was less than 30 days ago, we will gladly work with you to arrange a refund or store credit depending on the situation. Original shipping fees are non-refundable and in most cases you will be required to incur the cost of return shipping. We do not issue refunds or store credit for returned product until the return is received. Refunds are processed within 24 hours of receiving the product back to our facility.
Wholesale Customer UPS Claim Requirements
In an effort to minimize our losses on damaged wholesale shipments, we ask that all wholesale customers provide the following information when filing a UPS damage claim:
- A photo of the damaged item
- A photo showing the damaged merchandise, inside the original box, with all of the original cushioning (picture should show the placement of the merchandise and packaging inside the box)
- A photo of the packaging material used inside the box (e.g. bubble wrap, Styrofoam peanuts, cardboard dividers, etc.)
- A close-up photo of the shipping label with tracking number (please zoom in enough to read the tracking number, which usually begins with 1Z)
- A close-up photo of the box manufacturer’s certificate (BMC), if available
- The BMC is a round stamp that details either the bursting strength of the box or the edge crush rating of the box.
- The BMC is generally found on a bottom flap on the outside of a corrugated cardboard box.
Click here for more information.
Are you available at any retail stores?
How can I order if I live outside the US?
We ship all over the world from our U.S. website; however, for lower shipping costs we recommend ordering from Amazon or directly through our international partners at the following websites:
- Asia: www.tailwindnutrition.asia
- Australia: www.tailwindnutrition.com.au
- Canada: The best way to purchase in Canada is from a store, or you can order directly from our Canadian distributor here: https://thepodiumshop.ca/collections/tailwind-nutrition
- Europe: www.tailwindnutrition.eu
- France: www.tailwindnutrition.fr
- Germany: https://tailwindgermany.com
- Greece: https://tailwindnutrition.gr
- Mexico: www.tailwindnutrition.mx
- Netherlands/Benelux: https://www.tailwindnutritionbenelux.nl/
- New Zealand: www.tailwindnutrition.co.nz
- Portugal: www.tailwindnutrition.pt
- Singapore: https://www.tailwindnutrition.sg
- South Africa: www.tailwindnutrition.co.za
- Spain: www.tailwindnutrition.es
- Sweden: www.tailwindnutrition.se
- UK: www.tailwindnutrition.co.uk
- Vietnam: https://tailwindnutrition.vn/
- Wales: https://tailwindnutritionwales.com
Do you ship to APO/FPO military bases?
We do ship to APO/FPO military bases from our U.S. website. You can also order from Amazon to get free shipping with Amazon Prime.
Why was Endurance Fuel created and how is it different from other sports drinks?
Well, it all started with our being endurance athletes and doing what some folks call “crazy long events” like the Leadville 100, Paris-Brest-Paris, RAAM qualifiers, etc. The first couple of hours always seemed to go well, but 4-6 hours into a race or weekend adventure, our stomachs would revolt, our legs would cramp up, and we’d get what we call the “gag reflex” because drinks were too sweet to keep on drinking. So Jeff sat down, did a ton of research, formulated a drink, ran it by some gastroenterologists, started using it for himself, and before we knew it we were burning out our KitchenAid making it for friends. Fast forward a couple of years later and here we are!
To understand how we are different from other drinks, check out Why Tailwind.
How much is a scoop of Endurance Fuel (single serving)?
Ack! You just opened your bag and can’t find the scoop. Or, you’ve ordered the single packs, which don’t come with a scoop. Never fear, here’s the answer. A standard scoop is 27g or 35cc, which equates to .95oz or 2.4 tablespoons. Each scoop is 100 calories.
How long will Endurance Fuel stay fresh?
Tailwind has a shelf life of about 3 years. Once added to water, a good rule of thumb is to treat it like juice. After mixing, it's best to drink it within a day (even if it’s warm it tastes pretty good). If mixed and then kept in the fridge it will stay good for about a week. You will know when you have let it hang around in your bottle too long, it will smell a little bit funky and you'll think you have started a science experiment.
How much Endurance Fuel should I be drinking?
What’s important to understand is that even though you may be burning 500+ calories/hour, your body physiologically can only process 200-300 calories per hour. So, in general, we recommend starting off with 200-300 calories/24oz of water/hour for 2+ hour workouts, and 100-200 calories/24oz of water/hour for activities less than 2 hours. Listen to your body. If you are feeling hungry dial up the amount of calories, if feeling overly satiated/full, dial it back. The right amount may also vary based on the conditions (think temperature and humidity) and length and your intensity (how long, how hard, how far). When it’s hotter than your usual training temperature, keep the same calorie rate per hour, but increase water to thirst.
Does Tailwind contain Wheat/Gluten/Soy/Dairy?
Nope. All of our products are free of wheat, gluten, soy and dairy.
Wow, Endurance Fuel mixes totally clear? How do I tell the difference from water?
Yep. Tailwind mixes totally clear because it doesn’t contain any artificial flavoring, coloring or preservatives. It’s 100% natural. To tell the difference, give it the “sniff test”, or just get one of our awesome Tailwind bottles.
- Eat a substantial breakfast 2+ hours before your event with carbs, fat, and some protein.
- Sip Tailwind before the start to top off glycogen stores and electrolyte levels. Pre-load with up to a full bottle if drinking during your event will be hard.
- Sip regularly during the event and keep your hourly calorie target in mind.
- Tailwind is excellent to rebuild glycogen stores during the critical window for recovery immediately post-exercise.
- After rebuilding glycogen stores, have a nice meal with protein for faster recovery or use Tailwind Rebuild, our new recovery drink.
How can I get Endurance Fuel on course at my next race?
We love to support our customers and community and we’re proud to provide on course hydration for over 400 events annually! If you’d like to have Tailwind at your race, please have the Race Director fill out our form here.